Enjoy Smiling Again with Affordable Quality Dentures
Tooth loss affects your lifestyle, your health, and your appearance. It can limit your ability to eat, cause you to look older because of sagging facial muscles and make you hesitant to smile. Dentures can effectively solve these problems. Custom-made, removable dentures replace your missing teeth and enable you to eat and speak more easily. They fill out your face and profile to restore your looks, and they give you a reason to smile again. Your dentures will closely resemble your natural teeth.
Types of Affordable Quality Dentures
- Full removable dentures are fitted into your mouth after your remaining teeth are extracted, and your mouth has healed. It may take several months to complete the process.
- Immediate dentures are designed to be inserted the same day your teeth are removed, so you won’t have to go without teeth during the healing period. It may be necessary to reline or remake the dentures after healing is complete.
- To improve jaw stability, a few natural teeth are sometimes left in place and prepared for an appliance to fit over them; these appliances are known as overdentures. If no natural teeth are available, implants can also serve as anchors for overdentures.
- Permanent dentures that cannot be removed may also be an option. Your affordable dentist can help you decide.
Adjusting to New Dentures
Your new dentures may feel strange for the first few weeks. Minor soreness or irritation is common, and you may experience mild difficulty eating and speaking while your oral muscles learn to adapt. As you adjust, these problems will go away. Be sure to keep your follow-up appointments, so your dentist can make any needed adjustments or address any problems.
Caring for Your Dentures
- Before brushing, rinse your dentures to remove debris. Brush your dentures as well as your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth each morning to help stimulate blood flow and eliminate plaque.
- When they’re not in use, store your dentures in water to prevent warping.
- Follow instructions on dental adhesive products carefully.
- See your dentist in Baltimore regularly to ensure a consistent fit.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Baltimore, call Dental One Associates at Beltway today at (410) 775-5536 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Baltimore. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates at Beltway, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates at Beltway.